October 26, 2009

'The Great String of Bunting' - Part 1

There is nothing like a challenge to get my blood pumping and last week I was asked to do exactly that... Giggleberry was contacted by the lovely Lauren of 'Belle-Laide Events' to see if I was up to the challenge of making 60 metres (65.6 yards) of bunting for an up and coming event and that she would need them delivered by November 13th. With a deep breath I jumped at the chance!!

I have named this order 'The Great String of Bunting'

For 60 metres of bunting I need to make 200 flags so after Lauren told me she was after soft blues and yellows with a small splash of soft reds and that the bunting will be used for a family beach side event I was able to go fabric shopping. I always love going to the fabric shop and this was no exception.
These are the fabric I bought... I love the bold stripes of the bottom blue and red fabrics - they just scream beach to me!


Fate was on my side to get this order started this weekend as my kids had an extra long day time sleep so I was able to get all 200 flags cut out and ready for sewing. Between Saturday night and Sunday night I have managed to get all the flags sewn together, flipped in the right way and then organised into the colour pattern they will be sewn onto the ribbon in.


As this blog post title suggests this is Stage 1 of 'The Great String of Bunting', I will keep you up to date with the next part of the process as it happens. For now I have to wait for the custom order of ribbon I needed to place for this large banner.


Giggle

4 comments:

Invites2Gifts said...

Wow!! that is a LOT of bunting!!

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

You go girlfriend! Awesome order!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

WOW!! That is huge! WOOT WOOT!!

Leah said...

WOW, that is a lot of work! Bet it will be spectacular when it's finished though!