January 22, 2009

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi!!!

This weekend is Australia Day Long Weekend so that means a hot weekend at the beach or around a barbeque with family and friends and NO WORK on Monday - Woo hoo!!


So my family and I are packing the car and heading North to my parents place for the weekend - along with my two sisters and brother and their families. We actually are having our family Christmas this weekend as my brother is a fireman and my dad is a paramedic and neither of them had the 'real' Christmas off so more presents and stuffing ourselves with too much food is ahead!!

In the spirit of Australia Day I thought I'd post about the great Aussie finds I have come across in the past few weeks and months through my Etsy shop and blog.

First is a great Aussie Street Team on Etsy - Kookie Kids.


A team of dedicated shops of quality, unique children's products & artwork from Australia only for kids only. We are a newish team but are growing strongly and would love any new members who are interested. Just contact tidabellamonkey about membership. The team also has a great blog - Kookie - that showcases all the great things the team has to offer and what each of us are up to.

Next is a great blog I'm a follower of - Handmade Kids, Unearthing funky handmade finds for kids.


This blog was started by an Aussie mum who says "For quite some time I have had an avid interest in items that someone has put the time, effort and skill into making. Being a mother I love finding items for my children that are different and I believe that handmade offers a wonderful world of undiscovered talent. Handmade Kids is your place to find beautiful, original items for kids right here in Australia. All items featured on Handmade Kids are created by artists, crafters and independent owned businesses, there is nothing mass produced here. Let us help you to find those fabulously unique items for your kids."

Next are two great website I have recently come across for Aussie sellers of handmade goods to list their goods.
The first is Made it


Madeit is an online community where you can buy, sell and talk independent. Buy unique independent goods or sell your own. You can visit the directory for Australian independent designers or talk independent in the community forum.
The second website is Kidspot


Kidspot is not only has the 'Market - buy and sell' section but also tones of information for parents and a forum for chatting all things that come with parenting. Here are 5 reasons why Kidspot is a great place to visit, shop and sell at -
1) NO Auction - just an honest price
2) Easy to use with familiar categories
3) Created specifically for parents to buy & sell
4) With targeted listings - it's all about the kids!
5) Oh and.......It is completely FREE to list your items on Kidspot!!!

My last Aussie point out is to the MANY MANY MANY Australian sellers on Etsy..... if you head to Etsy and type Australia in to that magic and wonderful little search bar (where I spend too much time - LOL) you will see at least 300 pages of listings - approx 6918 listings!!!! Surely in all these there is something that will grab you and have you supporting an Aussie seller in no time at all!!!

Happy blog reading, web hopping and shopping and Happy Australia Day!!!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Aussie Day....and I hope you have a wonderful weekend....

Anonymous said...

What a great name for a holiday! Enjoy your long weekend!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Have a fantastic holiday!!

Lesley said...

BTW...I am returning the favor...and you have a little something over at my place...come by and grab it...

Chrisy said...

Great links here...hope you had a fab weekend...